Alignment of continued-lines in lists

Have an idea? We want to hear it!

Alignment of continued-lines in lists

Postposted BrentKelly » January 13th, 2011, 4:20 am

Vlad,
We've emailed about the lack of alignment of continued lines within AllMyNotes, but not specifically about alignment within lists. I understand that these are probably identical topics, technically, but I wanted to emphasize that unaligned lines make lists especially difficult to read because they break the list's "flow". I've attached an image that shows a good example of a list-format that I work with every day (this is how I work with tasks - a checkbox for the task, followed by multiple lines of updates).

Line continuation in lists.png
Line continuation in lists.png (56.52 KiB) Viewed 2219 times
BrentKelly

City/Country: USA/Florida

Re: Alignment of continued-lines in lists

Postposted vlad » January 17th, 2011, 10:00 am

Thank you for posting it to forum, it's probably a lot easier to keep track of things here rather than in personal emails.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage tip: password-protected contact mangement, use alarms to be reminded about anniversaries, birthdays, important meetings, and even calls!
vlad
Site Admin

City/Country: Earth -> Europe

Postposted BrentKelly » January 17th, 2011, 2:42 pm

Good, I'm glad that I'm not duplicating your efforts to track these...
BrentKelly

City/Country: USA/Florida

Postposted liviu » January 26th, 2011, 8:31 am

Don't know that there is one single solution to this which would make everybody happy. Some people might like long lines to wrap at the bullet offset, others may prefer it to align with the text on the line above. But I completely agree that either way would make it more convenient and better-looking than it is now.

Cheers,
Liviu
liviu

Postposted TRhex » October 26th, 2011, 11:51 pm

Can I add a vote for aligning with the text on the line above? It's visually easier to parse the bullets when they stand apart from the text.
tr
TRhex

City/Country: Canada

Return to Feature Requests