Keyboard shortcut for changing font and bullet list?

Tips, tricks and how-to discussions

Keyboard shortcut for changing font and bullet list?

Postposted Kossak » March 29th, 2014, 10:42 am

Is there a keyboard shortcut for changing fonts (style/family/size) without using mouse? The same question for starting bullet/number list?
Kossak

Re: Keyboard shortcut for changing font and bullet list?

Postposted vlad » March 31st, 2014, 10:44 am

Kossak wrote:Is there a keyboard shortcut for changing fonts (style/family/size) without using mouse?

Ctrl+B - Set selected text Bold
Ctrl+I - Set selected text Italic
Ctrl+U - Set selected text Underline
Ctrl+0 (Ctrl+zero) or Ctrl+T or Ctrl+5 - Set selected text Strike-Through
Ctrl+Shift+> - Increase font size
Ctrl+Shift+< - Decrease font size

Also, starting from version in version 3.06 there is the so called "Format Painter" feature, which allows to copy text formatting from one text block to another:
Alt+C - Copy Text Formatting from current cursor position
Alt+V - Paste Text Formatting

Kossak wrote:The same question for starting bullet/number list?

Shift+Enter - Finish bulleted list. Works when in bulleted list
AllMyNotes Organizer usage example: a secure contact manager, use alarms to be reminded about anniversaries, birthdays, important meetings, or, schedule calls!
vlad
Site Admin

City/Country: Earth -> Europe

Postposted Kossak » March 31st, 2014, 1:31 pm

Thank you, i know these shortcuts already, maybe i wasn't specific enough, but i'd like shortcuts for:
- changing font to "courier new" (i thought about shortcut for displaying standard windows font dialog when you can choose all fonts/sizes/styles/etc using only keyboard)
- starting bullet list (not ending it) - or even better: toggling the row state between bullet list / no bullet list

which seems to be missing (at least i haven't found them in help).
Kossak

Postposted vlad » April 25th, 2014, 3:49 pm

Thanks to your request we've added keyboard shortcuts to select font (Ctrl+Shift+F), select font size (Ctrl+Shift+P), toggle bullet list mode for selected text lines (Ctrl+Shift+L and Ctrl+Shift+8), and toggle numbered list mode for selected text lines Ctrl+Shift+7.

Please sorry for delay with my reply. We've added these keyboard shortcuts to versions 3.10 (beta), and 2.80, both versions will be released shortly.
vlad
Site Admin

Postposted Kossak » April 28th, 2014, 7:50 am

Thank you very much, i'm positively surprised that you actually helped my productivity with AMN :)
Everything works as it should, except ctrl+shift+p - when i press it nothing happens. Personally i'm perfectly happy with shortcuts for increasing/decreasing font size.

I'm using version 3.10 build 781 BETA 25 april 2014.
I'm also using your app with wine on linux mint - it works pretty well there too.
Kossak

Postposted Marcel » August 11th, 2014, 5:22 pm

Ctrl+Shift+> - Increase font size
Ctrl+Shift+< - Decrease font size

I don't unterstand these shortcuts. On a german keyboard the > and < are on the same key. You can distinguish them by pressing Shift or not pressing Shift.

So how can I press Ctrl+Shift and at the same time the key with the < and > sign? Double-Shift is not possible. It's not possible to distinguish the both signs and they even do not work.

Or do you mean Ctrl+Shift+arrow_right and Ctrl+Shift+arrow_left? But they also don't work for me. So I don't know what keyboard shortcut I can use for increasing or decreasing the font size. Any idea?

Marcel.
Marcel

Postposted WilliamBillick » August 30th, 2014, 5:43 pm

I'd also like to see a keyboard shortcut for changing a font from lower case to upper case. The same key combination could then be also used to change from upper to lower too.
WilliamBillick

Postposted vlad » September 1st, 2014, 9:44 am

Marcel wrote:On a german keyboard the > and < are on the same key. You can distinguish them by pressing Shift or not pressing Shift.

Ok, we've added alternative keyboard shortcuts - Ctrl+[ and Ctrl+] to increase/decrease font size on German keyboards. Upcoming releases of versions 2.xx and 3.xx (beta) will include this improvement.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage example: a secure contact manager, use alarms to be reminded about anniversaries, birthdays, important meetings, or, schedule calls!
vlad
Site Admin

Postposted Marcel » September 2nd, 2014, 6:03 am

Thank you.
Marcel

Return to How Do I...