Help (.chm) format

Everything else about AllMyNotes Organizer

Help (.chm) format

Postposted janetb » November 8th, 2018, 12:56 pm

Is it possible to upgrade and keep the .chm format for Help (instead of having to use online Help)?
Thanks for any help,
Janet
janetb

Re: Help (.chm) format

Postposted vlad » November 8th, 2018, 2:59 pm

You can simply keep the .chm file handy, so far it's not that different from online version.

Or, another idea - you can copy-paste important chapters from the manual to AllMyNotes itself as a set of notes, so you'll have them handy this way.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage idea: a genealogy tree organizer, use alarms to remember about anniversaries and birthdays
vlad
Site Admin

City/Country: Earth -> Europe

Postposted TimRosenlof » November 8th, 2018, 4:28 pm

Where is the location of the .chm mentioned ?

I asked this via support back a some months ago.

I really need a local help file because I am on the road where the internet is not available.

I do have a .chm compiler but I am not going to create one. Very time consuming and then I would have a licensing problem ?

Tim Rosenlof
TimRosenlof

Postposted vlad » November 8th, 2018, 7:11 pm

You can find the .chm file as part of Portable edition version 2.xx package. It can be downloaded from here - https://www.vladonai.com/allmynotes-organizer-notes-portable-secure-free-download, see bottom part of the page for older versions.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage idea: a genealogy tree organizer, use alarms to remember about anniversaries and birthdays
vlad
Site Admin

Postposted janetb » November 11th, 2018, 4:03 pm

[

Can I just install the new version over the old version? Will the .chm file remain?
Thanks for any help,
Janet
janetb

Postposted vlad » November 11th, 2018, 11:04 pm

The installer will delete old .chm file on upgrade, but you can copy this file before installation to a safe location. Or, once again, simply download version 2.xx portable .zip file and unpack it from there.
vlad
Site Admin

Return to Other