tabbed / multiple documents

Have an idea? We want to hear it!

tabbed / multiple documents

Postposted cscairns » October 7th, 2011, 8:15 pm

Hi everyone, I have been using Keynote-NF for a long time (and like it) but found AllMyNotes and am beginning to use it consistently for some projects. My needs are few but specific - mobile, embed pictures and documents, and fast, and AllMyNotes comes through with flying colors. Kudos to the developers, it handles tables better than Keynote and seems to be faster.

Some things I would personally like in order for it to be a complete replacement...

1. Tabbed document handling so I can have multiple notes open at once (if this is possible, forgive me, I've looked in the forum and can't find it; I did see how to open multiple instances, but I don't wish to go that route.

2. Better integrated search; Keynote keeps the search pane open so you can navigate among search results until you find the one you are looking for; very helpful for large documents.

I really like AllMyNotes and will continue using it, but hope that these features will be implemented.
cscairns

Re: tabbed / multiple documents

Postposted vlad » October 8th, 2011, 6:33 pm

Thank you for your feedback!

Definitely we do have plans to extend search soon - particularly, many users want to have a tiny filtering edit field visible under/below tree control, so it will be easy to reach.

As for the tabbed interface... I see your point. Yet we don't have a clear picture how would be better to implement it, so I can promise to consider this feature once we'll have some more free time for it. Yet we are bit overloaded with synchronization, which , I hope will be done soon, and some other high priority items.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage example: a gift ideas organizer
vlad
Site Admin

City/Country: Earth -> Europe

Postposted cscairns » October 13th, 2011, 2:51 pm

Thank you, Vlad! I look forward to seeing this program grow. I use it daily and love it.
cscairns

Postposted fluff » June 5th, 2012, 6:33 am

I would like to add my vote for a tabbed interface. I find more an more, I am having to perform a workaround by copying a few notes into word files, so I can work with several notes at once. It would be much better if we can have it implemented in AMN... Thanks
fluff

Postposted Poltiser » July 8th, 2012, 4:31 pm

I like the Idea of tabs, but would it be possible to make them remember my choices? If I work on the subject and need reference from many documents and notes, it would be very handy - hierarchy is in the tree, but tabs by drag and drop would be able to remember access to t he page of my choice. Let say : on the left -> the tree, on the right -> quick access pages, on the top other note books. If you combine this with copy paste memory with editable items - it would make program much more powerful.

I can wait, no hurry. Your program is already good!
Poltiser

Postposted bodyworkzone » September 11th, 2019, 1:15 pm

One more vote for being able to open multiple note files in tabs. I'm using All My Notes because after using TreeDBNotes for years, once they stopped updating it the databases started to corrupt. I also use MyInfo portable which is much more useable than AllMyNotes but unfortunately, at least with the portable version, the databases are not robust and frequently get corrupted. So far AllMyNotes has never suffered from a corrupted datafile. Its bigget downside for me is that you can't open files simultaneously, and that all images/screenshots are stored as PNG files which can acause files to become humongous. TreeDB had a very good way to deal with this. If you double clicked on the image it would enable you to store it in a different format (BMP, JPEG, PNG or GIF) and showed you exactly how much space each format used.
bodyworkzone

Postposted vlad » September 12th, 2019, 8:56 am

As for multiple files - you can launch multiple instances of AllMyNotes by clicking on .ddb files in Explorer. Same thing as Tabs, just tabs are located in the taskbar area.

AllMyNotes also supports JPEG, BMP, GIF. Simply drag & drop them to AMN and it will keep them in original format.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage example: a gift ideas organizer
vlad
Site Admin

City/Country: Earth -> Europe

Return to Feature Requests