Remember Last Page

Technical support discussions and Bug Reports – You find em, we squash em

Remember Last Page

Postposted markw » July 31st, 2020, 2:24 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but since it might be I'm posting it here in Troubleshooting.

After updating to the latest version: AllMyNotes Organizer Deluxe Ver 3.35 (build 946) 32-bit (running on Windows 8.1), I've noticed something very annoying. I don't know if the update changed any of my settings, but I looked through my settings to see if there was a related setting, and I did not find one. Here is the problem. When AllMyNotes is closed (ie, when I close it or just shutdown Windows), the next time I open it, it does NOT show the page I last had opened. Instead it is at "My Data" at the top of the left panel. I want it to show the page I was last on, as it always used to do. Is this a bug? Is this a change considered to be a new program "feature"? Is there a setting where I can tell it to remember the last page viewed, as it used to do? Thanks for any help on this issue.
Mark W
markw

City/Country: Lansing/USA

Re: Remember Last Page

Postposted vlad » August 3rd, 2020, 1:20 pm

This is a problem with file access permissions to configuration file, which occasionally may happen during an upgrade. To fix this issue please locate and delete file named allmynotes.ini

Since this issue is very common for upgrade users we've looked in to it and fixed it starting from version 3.36 - the program will be able to handle this scenario for you, totally transparently and smoothly.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage example: a secure contact mangement, use alarms to be reminded about anniversaries, birthdays, meetings, and even calls!
vlad
Site Admin

City/Country: Earth -> Europe

Postposted markw » August 3rd, 2020, 1:44 pm

I deleted AllMyNotes.ini but that did not fix the problem.

I have a giveawayoftheday license. Is there a way I can get that fixed version without losing my license?
Mark W
markw

Postposted vlad » August 3rd, 2020, 4:07 pm

Yes, we'll do special build for you so you'll check this new feature out. Please contact us directly using this form - https://www.vladonai.com/allmynotes-organizer-support-contact-us
AllMyNotes Organizer usage example: a secure contact mangement, use alarms to be reminded about anniversaries, birthdays, meetings, and even calls!
vlad
Site Admin

Postposted markw » August 3rd, 2020, 6:27 pm

Just a reminder, I have the Deluxe Edition. I assume you already have that info on record for me.
Mark W
markw

Postposted vlad » August 8th, 2020, 12:54 pm

Please contact our support via email, so far we haven't heard anything from you so I cannot know much more details yet.
vlad
Site Admin

Return to Troubleshooting