Strange Problem

Technical support discussions and Bug Reports – You find em, we squash em

Strange Problem

Postposted scooterg » September 15th, 2020, 12:59 am

Hi Vlad,

I am using the latest version 3.36. I know you don't support templates so I created a folder to contain templates. I created a simple address book list of First Name, Last Name, etc. in the template folder. In each field I added the word test with the text a different color. For each one of my business contacts I copied and pasted the address book template. When I setup All My Notes, I selected the setup for other criteria, like passwords, diary and such if that helps. After I was done with copying the address book template to my business contacts I got several note templates that popped up throughout the database. I never copied the data there. It just showed up. I have no idea why that would have happened. I removed the extra notes. I have more to copy. If I get more extra note templates popping up, how can I help you to stop this from happening. In other words, what you need from me to help solve this issue. Thanks.
scooterg

Re: Strange Problem

Postposted vlad » September 27th, 2020, 4:49 pm

Templates are just regular notes. There can be only one reason why they duplicate - likely you've pressed Paste command in a wrong place. Just make sure to paste after selecting new location and everything should work as expected.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage example: organize lyrics of your favorite bands
vlad
Site Admin

City/Country: Earth -> Europe

Postposted scooterg » September 27th, 2020, 5:11 pm

I agree. I did not paste the notes in other areas. I pasted the notes in an upper folder and then underneath that folder I put individual folders for contacts. The pastes went in there and not in other areas. The pastes just arbitrarily showed up in other places. If I did put paste it in other areas, I wouldn't have posted this message.
scooterg

Postposted vlad » September 27th, 2020, 5:19 pm

I've just tried it on my end, but cannot reproduce - pasted note always appears in correct position, under currently selected folder/note. If you have exact steps when the issue appear, please let me know, I'll be happy to fix it.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage example: organize lyrics of your favorite bands
vlad
Site Admin

City/Country: Earth -> Europe

Postposted scooterg » September 27th, 2020, 5:30 pm

That's the problem. It is hard to replicate it. It just did not happen. It took a while. I was entering in lots of information. Unfortunately I did not time it. I did send you a screen shot in email. Please check that. If you need it resent let me know. The screen shot shows that the "template" I made went to a completely different spot in the folder structure.
scooterg

Return to Troubleshooting