Problems with attachmenta

Technical support discussions and Bug Reports – You find em, we squash em

Problems with attachmenta

Postposted mpalmer » March 4th, 2020, 8:43 am

I moved AMN to a new computer. When I opened it, some of the attachments were missing from my notes.

First question - why are some missing but not others? The original .ddb file has all the attachments.
Second question - I tried to manually copy the attachments from the original notebook, but I can't select the file and copy/paste it to my desktop
Third question - what's the best way to ensure all my content copies properly when moving to a new computer?
mpalmer

Re: Problems with attachmenta

Postposted vlad » March 4th, 2020, 6:25 pm

Basically you did everything right - enough to move your .ddb file to new computer, and all the attachments will be moved correctly.

Perhaps something went wrong on moving .ddb file, for example, it could be damaged due to incorrect USB media removal? Try to copy it again.

> Second question - I tried to manually copy the attachments from the original notebook, but I can't select the file and copy/paste it to my desktop

Do right click on a file attachment and from appeared pop-up menu use menu item Save As...

P.S. How big are these file attachments that are missing on a new PC? Perhaps new PC has not enough memory to load them when you open a note it's attached to? Basically we do not recommend to insert more than 100 Mb of file attachments to a single note.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage idea: an app for detective work
vlad
Site Admin

City/Country: Earth -> Europe

Return to Troubleshooting