"Paste unformatted" as default

Have an idea? We want to hear it!
PatrikM

"Paste unformatted" as default

Post by PatrikM »

I would like to be able to have the option to paste text without formatting as teh default paste method, and then have a context menu item to paste with retained formatting.

Thank you. :) :) :) :) :) :)
vlad
Site Admin

Re: "Paste unformatted" as default

Post by vlad »

Currently we have keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+V to paste text without formatting. Also Ctrl+Shift+V to select desired source formatting.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage idea: compile your resume in it, and even keep archive of old CVs :)
PatrikM

Post by PatrikM »

vlad wrote:Currently we have keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+V to paste text without formatting. Also Ctrl+Shift+V to select desired source formatting.
Counter-intuitive in my mind, but I just figured that I could make my own hotkey for this with AHK. :D
LonerD

Post by LonerD »

Support+++
Mostly need only unformatted text paste (I use AllMyNotes as notation agregator).
And all time press hotkey and select option again and again is annoyed.
It would be great to have option like "default paste method - html or unformatted"
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

[
Exactly :)
Bilbao93

Post by Bilbao93 »

Registered here to say yes please - make Unformatted Text the default paste format for Ctrl+V. So Shift+Ctrl+V can open the Paste Special dialog.
autovaton

Post by autovaton »

I too would like a way to make paste without formatting the default. I would make it an option in the settings, however and not just change the default behavior for everyone.