Fast method for creating headings

Have an idea? We want to hear it!
BrentKelly

Fast method for creating headings

Post by BrentKelly »

Vlad,
Today when I create a heading in AllMyNotes, I do so by selecting the line of text and then pressing Ctrl+b (bold). If I plan to have multiple levels of headings I also increase the text's font size. This is a very slow method of creating headings, but what makes it worse is that when I press Enter on the 'headings' line to create a new line, the 'heading' attributes carry over to the new line and I then have to change that line's text to 'normal'.

So it would be great to be able to click a button and have the current line changed to a heading, and to have the attributes *not* carry over to the next line when Enter is pressed. I'd like to be able to easily select from multiple (maybe 3) heading levels, and to be able to set each level's font/size/bold/color/etc in Options.

Thanks,
Brent
vlad
Site Admin

Re: Fast method for creating headings

Post by vlad »

Thank you for feature request. I Guess what you need is Styles feature, which would allow to store and quickly apply most frequently used font styles to selected text. We have this feature filed for implementation.

:idea: In meantime here is a quick solution for you - if you have a Note which is properly formatted (I mean, exactly what you need for new Note), you can copy-paste it, and re-write text, this way will be no need to play with formatting much.

:idea: Additional idea would be to create Templates, somewhere where you can easily reach them, if you have many of these you can do whole Folder for templates, and by pasting templates in to a new place you can easily achieve what you need. Possibly this approach is even better than having Styles (in a way, of course), cause per single copy-paste operation you'll be able to apply multiple styles.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage idea: a shopping ideas organizer app
BrentKelly

Re: Fast method for creating headings

Post by BrentKelly »

While having the ability to quickly change the style of selected text would be a welcomed feature, that's probably not exactly what I'm referring to. I'd like to be able to place my cursor on a line and then press a button (or select from a drop-list) to change the style of *all* text on that line (without having to select text). BUT, when I press Enter to create a new line, the style for the new line should be 'normal font'.