Retain format of lists pasted into AllMyNotes

Have an idea? We want to hear it!
BrentKelly

Retain format of lists pasted into AllMyNotes

Post by BrentKelly »

Vlad, this might already be on your todo-list for AllMyNotes, but in case it's not would you please consider adding it?

When pasting a list (numbered or bulleted) into AllMyNotes from an MS product (Outlook, Word), all tab characters seem to be lost because none of the list's items are indented. Because of this, I spend a great deal of time recreating lists after I've pasted them in. Recreating lists is also necessary because bullet characters (i.e., the dots) do not change size when I select all text and then assign a font and size.

Thanks,
vlad
Site Admin

Re: Retain format of lists pasted into AllMyNotes

Post by vlad »

Could you please attache sample Word file so we could investigate it.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage tip: do project-planning, use reminders and checkboxes to be reminded about events and track project progress
BrentKelly

Post by BrentKelly »

Vlad,
I'll have to email the Word doc to you, since I can't upload it to the forum. I even tried changing the file's extension to txt and then to png, but neither worked (the forum was smart enough to know that the file really isn't an image). The file's name is "AllMyNotes list comparison_source.docx".

Below is a picture that shows how the list looks on my screen, both in its original form in Word, and in AllMyNotes after being copied in.
AllMyNotes list comparison.png
AllMyNotes list comparison.png (15.62 KiB) Viewed 1836 times
vlad
Site Admin

Post by vlad »

BrentKelly wrote:I'll have to email the Word doc to you, since I can't upload it to the forum
Thank you, I got the file, and thank you for the illustration. Once we’ll fix it I'll reply to this topic.

By the way, I think you can upload to the forum (as you are able to upload pictures), certain file extensions are restricted from security reasons, in this case it's enough to .zip the files to pass through this limitation.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage tip: do project-planning, use reminders and checkboxes to be reminded about events and track project progress
BrentKelly

Post by BrentKelly »

Good, I'll use the ZIP workaround in the future.