Facebook "I Like"

Site not working like it should? Do Tell...
Lush

Facebook "I Like"

Post by Lush »

Hi Vlad,

Your FaceBook "Like" button doesn't work like it should: the url it links to is not valid.

I think I found the culprit: the <link rel="canonical" href="http://www.vladonai.com/index.php> is missing a double quote at the end of the url, and it looks like the "Like" script uses this url instead of the one specified in the iframe's src.

Hope this helps,
Lush
vlad
Site Admin

Re: Facebook "I Like"

Post by vlad »

Thank you Luke,

Indeed, something is wrong with the button. We've disabled it until it will be fixed. It seems to be unrelated to canonical tag. Anyway, once it will be fixed the button will get back to life.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage example: keep records on your domestic pets - vaccination schedule, collect articles about feeding, or, recommendations from your vet
Lush

Post by Lush »

vlad wrote:It seems to be unrelated to canonical tag
I thought it was because the "I Like" link was "www.vladonai.com/index.php> <link" which made sense with the missing quotes.

But now you have two "http://" in your canonical tag, and your AddThis links are broken. :?

Lush
vlad
Site Admin

Post by vlad »

As I understand now, Facebook's Like button has many issues - even placement of Like button matters , also it appears to me that presence of underline character in url is not good for Facebook, and... Therefore I've added Like button for homepage to the toolbar, it looks like it works well from there.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage example: keep records on your domestic pets - vaccination schedule, collect articles about feeding, or, recommendations from your vet