MartinP

Keyboard shortcuts

Post by MartinP »

Hello.

Is there a keaboard shortcut for:
  • bulleted list
    (I found it only on the toolbar)
  • indentation of the current bulleted line
    (without having to select the whole line and indent the selection; shift+TAB works, but TAB does not - only Home-TAB-End sequence)
Does AllMyNotes support numbered lists?

Thank you,
Martin.
vlad
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard shortcuts

Post by vlad »

MartinP wrote:Is there a keaboard shortcut for:
[*]bulleted list
Hmm... so far we do have a keyboard shortcut to finish numbered list - Shift+Enter.
What keyboard shortcut would you like to use for starting the list?
MartinP wrote:[*]indentation of the current bulleted line
(without having to select the whole line and indent the selection; shift+TAB works, but TAB does not - only Home-TAB-End sequence)
I believe it's correct behavior - need to select whole line to make indentation added using the Tab key, that's how it works in other apps, like MS-Word.
MartinP wrote:Does AllMyNotes support numbered lists?
Soon we'll have it, stay tuned.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage tip: an app to compile a shopping lists

Post by Guest »

vlad wrote:
MartinP wrote:Is there a keaboard shortcut for:
[*]bulleted list
Hmm... so far we do have a keyboard shortcut to finish numbered list - Shift+Enter.
What keyboard shortcut would you like to use for starting the list?
MS Word uses Ctrl+Shift+L, but in fact, I don't mind which keyboard shortcut it is - if there is any.
vlad wrote:
MartinP wrote:[*]indentation of the current bulleted line
I believe it's correct behavior - need to select whole line to make indentation added using the Tab key, that's how it works in other apps, like MS-Word.
No, both TAB and Shift+TAB work in MS Word, MS Outlook and most of other applications. You must position the cursor at the beginning of the bulleted line. This TAB and Shift+TAB behaviour is most important when you create a new bulleted line - it allows you to modify indentation of this new line without having to make a complicated keyboard "combo".

Post by Guest »

Casting my vote in favour of numbered lists, big time. Also with sub-numbers, like outline in Word.