Reminders vs Alarms

Tips, tricks and how-to discussions

Reminders vs Alarms

Postposted Ken45140 » July 23rd, 2019, 1:20 pm

I have set various "Alarms" in notes. Used RIGHT-CLICK > INSERT > ALARM. I then click on VIEW>REMINDERS and the box is blank (nothing listed).

Question: are "Reminders" different from "Alarms"? How can I set a "Reminder"? I know how to Insert an Alarm.

Searching revealed 2014 threads on Alarm "Sounds" and how to turn off, but nothing on the question above.

Thanks for helping me continue to learn the details of AMN.

Ken
Ken45140

City/Country: Loveland Ohio USA

Re: Reminders vs Alarms

Postposted vlad » July 24th, 2019, 7:29 pm

Alarms=Reminders. VIEW>REMINDERS shows only active alarms. Active alarms are these which are scheduled for today. If the alarm is in the future date you have to wait until that date/time and you'll be notified automatically.

Regarding the sound - currently there is no way to choose alarm sound, but we have "sound schemes" feature scheduled to be implemented in version 4.xx, so hopefully we'll see it soon.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage idea: a genealogy tree organizer, use alarms to remember about anniversaries and birthdays
vlad
Site Admin

City/Country: Earth -> Europe

Postposted Ken45140 » July 24th, 2019, 10:34 pm

vlad: thanks for the response. I appreciate your helping me. I wish there was more activity on messaging from other members, especially experienced ones. If there was, it probably would save you some (little) time to keep on developing more features and improvements in AMN. I continue to be very impressed with AMN and its operation. I am doing a lot of research and clipping snippets, even whole articles, and organizing for further usage. I find the copy.to application to work wonderfully, and as I had mentioned in another note, it saves me at least two steps in my workflow. I have several suggestions for additions which I will place in the other forum on "Improvements and Desired Features".
Thanks again,
Ken
Ken45140

City/Country: Loveland Ohio USA

Postposted vlad » July 31st, 2019, 7:23 am

Usually people are here when they have an issue. Indeed, would be nice to have more communication between members...
AllMyNotes Organizer usage idea: a genealogy tree organizer, use alarms to remember about anniversaries and birthdays
vlad
Site Admin

City/Country: Earth -> Europe

Return to How Do I...