Status of Search Improvements

Have an idea? We want to hear it!

Status of Search Improvements

Postposted Ken45140 » November 17th, 2019, 4:56 pm

A thread on asking for search improvements started on May 26, 2012, asking for improvements to the Search function. The post was titled "Info Select Transplant Issues/Requests/Needs. Many people responded wishing essentially the same thing: improvements to the search function. Vlad commented through 2012 that improvements would be planned, even raised in priority.

I am an avid user of AMN and the purpose of this note is to inquire, in late 2019, 7 years after the issue was first raised, what the status is of any improvements in the overall search function. Will there be any changes along the lines outlined in the original post back in 2012. Don't misunderstand, I totally appreciate the almost instant response of the search function. I have a simple use of Hashtags/Tags implemented and it is amazing to add a Tag to a post, then have the same post found immediately using the Tag.

I am, however, interested in some expanded functionality of the Search Function. Take Date Range for example. Would it be possible to search for a date range rather than just the exact Date. I date almost all of my notes and would dearly love to be able to search for notes in a specific date range. Some of the other capabilities of the Info Select search function would also be greatly appreciated and could expand sales.

Thanks for commenting and considering.
Ken Close
Ken45140

City/Country: Loveland Ohio USA

Re: Status of Search Improvements

Postposted vlad » December 1st, 2019, 11:15 am

Right, thank you for bring it up. Somehow we where side-tracked, we'll consider it, hopefully soon.
AllMyNotes Organizer - the utlimate freeware alternative app to Info Select!
vlad
Site Admin

City/Country: Earth -> Europe

Postposted Ken45140 » December 3rd, 2019, 4:08 pm

Thanks, but I wish I was more encouraged by your reply, but I am not. I wish you had a priority system and stuck with it. But don't misunderstand, I am a fan and will stick around, just wish for some small steady progress on the features of most need by current users as well as potential future users.
Ken45140

City/Country: Loveland Ohio USA

Postposted vlad » December 4th, 2019, 11:07 am

Indeed we do have a prioritized list of feature requests, and it's very long, each day we are adding one or two item there. The time it takes to implement a feature is much longer then it takes to generate an idea.

AllMyNotes Organizer - the utlimate freeware alternative app to Info Select!
vlad
Site Admin

City/Country: Earth -> Europe

Return to Feature Requests