Inserting images not behaving as expected

Technical support discussions and Bug Reports – You find em, we squash em

Inserting images not behaving as expected

Postposted app103 » December 30th, 2019, 7:00 pm

When inserting images from my hard drive, they initially look fine.

But then reopening the database later, the images all get replaced with this:

Screenshot - 12_30_2019 , 1_44_35 PM.png
Screenshot - 12_30_2019 , 1_44_35 PM.png (11.4 KiB) Viewed 113 times

However, when inserting images and pasting in a URL into the file open box (instead of local path), the image gets saved and inserted correctly, and stays the way it should, the next time I open the database.

This means that if I want the images to show in a note correctly, I first have to upload them all to somewhere on the internet, before adding them to notes.

I am running v3.32.
app103

Re: Inserting images not behaving as expected

Postposted vlad » January 13th, 2020, 11:30 am

This is because your image is very huge - it is 11 Mb in compressed state. Uncompressed it may be hundreds of megabytes. By this reson we've made an exception and do not display thumbnail previews for resources that may take too long to unpack and render.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage idea: store records on your domestic pets - vaccinations schedule, collect articles about feeding, or, recommendations from your vet
vlad
Site Admin

City/Country: Earth -> Europe

Postposted app103 » January 14th, 2020, 6:54 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why it does not display when I try to insert the image from a locally stored file, but displays the thumbnail when I insert the same file using a URL in the file open box (which downloads and inserts in 1 step). There is no file size difference. It's the same file, with same file size.
app103

Postposted vlad » January 20th, 2020, 11:04 am

I've just tried to insert a tiny picture using menu item Edit -> Insert -> Picture... And inserted an url to a picture in file name field. It works. The picture was downloaded and displayed correctly.

But once again, on your screenshot I can see that the picture has 11 Mb in size. It's a lot, therefore AllMyNotes doesn't displays a preview of it. Yet I cannot explain why it was working for identical picture... Perhaps pictures where not identical after all? Try to export both pictures from AllMyNotes to a hard disk, likely there will be a difference.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage idea: store records on your domestic pets - vaccinations schedule, collect articles about feeding, or, recommendations from your vet
vlad
Site Admin

City/Country: Earth -> Europe

Return to Troubleshooting