POLL: Android, iPhone, WM - which platform to support first?

Have an idea? We want to hear it!

Which mobile device you are using?

You may select up to 7 options

View results

vlad
Site Admin

POLL: Android, iPhone, WM - which platform to support first?

Post by vlad »

Many users are asking for mobile version of AllMyNotes Organizer for smartphones/handhelds. To learn our auditory we would like to do a poll. Please vote if you are interested to have AllMyNotes on one of platforms in the list. If your device is not listed then vote for Other, and post a reply with platform/device name.

** See also: POLL: Which features you would like the most?
AllMyNotes Organizer usage idea: a secure ideas keeper
Lotchana

Re: POLL: Android, iPhone, WM - which platform to support fi

Post by Lotchana »

Hi,

I would say Iphone please.

Best regards

Lotchana
lgmaddry

Post by lgmaddry »

I would like iphone/touch. Next would be Android. Which Windows 6.5, 7? Here in the US windows is a small segment growing smaller. Although I have a windows phone, I don't think it is worth your time.
vlad
Site Admin

Post by vlad »

lgmaddry wrote:Which Windows 6.5, 7?
I believe they all are almost 100% compatible, the app must work on all versions, even on version 5.
lgmaddry wrote:Here in the US windows is a small segment growing smaller. Although I have a windows phone, I don't think it is worth your time.
The reason why we are considering this platform is because it's easy to port source code from Windows to Windows Mobile.
MARKPWILL

Post by MARKPWILL »

i vote for Android.
ecvogel

Post by ecvogel »

Android please. Android is beating out iPhones. Plus it will also run on Android Tablets too once they take off.

Some of us have low to mid range Androids. Please allow your program along with the data to be moved to the memory card.
Allen

Post by Allen »

Android please. I have been using AllMyNotes in my notebook (Windows XP and then Windows 7). And it's very important to have the same application to be able to run on Smart Phone or Tablet - Android.

I found the AllMyNotes better than Evernote. But lack of multi-platform support is a serous shortage now for AllMyNotes.
vlad
Site Admin

Post by vlad »

Allen wrote:I found the AllMyNotes better than Evernote. But lack of multi-platform support is a serous shortage now for AllMyNotes.
AllMyNotes is much younger then Evernote :-)
Flagman

Post by Flagman »

Have used Info Select on the desktop and the Palm for ever. Currently stuck with an older phone because of the need to continue to be able to sync with mobile to desktop. Would like to buy an Android system but can not get away from my using of the random database on both systems. How soon are you going to be able to offer a mobile choice. Currently I am limited to Sprint................HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Burt

Post by Burt »

You should change the poll from Windows (CE) to poll about Windows 7 instead. Windows 7 will continue to grow and develop now that Mango and multiprocessing is finally working for the Windows 7 Smartphone market. Windows CE is an old market. :shock:
vlad
Site Admin

Post by vlad »

Burt wrote:You should change the poll from Windows (CE) to poll about Windows 7 instead. Windows 7 will continue to grow and develop now that Mango and multiprocessing is finally working for the Windows 7 Smartphone market. Windows CE is an old market. :shock:
Right, WM7 is backward-compatible with CE. Ideally would be good to reach maximum compatibility. IMHO, Windows 7 means desktop, therefore I'm afraid it can be confusing.
adude

Post by adude »

Symbian, please!!! My confined budget won't let me buy iphones and similar stuff, and I really need this program on my Symbian Nokia...
fluff

Post by fluff »

I would say its more suited to the iPad than iPhone....
Nairiam

Post by Nairiam »

For me definitely iPad
aspivey

Post by aspivey »

iPad, please
MartinR

Post by MartinR »

Palm WebOS please!!
GeirLaastad

Post by GeirLaastad »

Android.

According to all stats i have seen Android is generally beating iPhone more and more. If you want to sell in bigger volumes, Android is the best choice.

I have tried Evernote (pc and Android), but their lack of TRUE security and privacy is a joke. The same goes for SpringPad (pc and Android). When I mail Evernote/Springpad about this, they don't even like to talk about it. It reminds me about facebook, they don't like to talk about security and privacy issues either. Lastly, I tried Onenote (pc and Android). Wow, they can even encrypt notes, that is....until I found out that all attached files is stored unencrypted in the local cache folder, including those files considered senitive :( Note: the Onenote Android version is not made by Microsoft as the pc version are, but by a 3'rd part vendor. It does not matter, none of them is really secure.

To summarize; To my knowledge, AllMyNotes has the BEST security/privacy of all note app's currently out there. If you guys at Vladonai port it for Android, bless you :) Even if you port it with no sync option! it's still a peace of cake syncing the 1 (one) AllMyNote file manually via USB. But please use/keep the same strong low-level 1800-bit key security/privacy as your PC version already has, and with file and folder password protection (as in the pc version). AND, also make sure that all attached files really are included in the AllMyNotes database file (also as before). Do not as in Onenote, leave sensitive files such as attached PDF's etc. somewhere in the cache.

If you do this, I will buy the Android version yesterday :)

Geir Laastad
vlad
Site Admin

Post by vlad »

GeirLaastad wrote:According to all stats i have seen Android is generally beating iPhone more and more. If you want to sell in bigger volumes, Android is the best choice.
Yes, apparently, the Android is currently mobile platform #1, likely we'll support it first. We've started to work on Windows Mobile version some time ago already, but due to this vote we simply see that it makes to start from Android.
GeirLaastad wrote:If you guys at Vladonai port it for Android, bless you :) Even if you port it with no sync option!
Sync is a must, and it will be done before the Android version, we are almost done with synchronization.
CoolObserver

Post by CoolObserver »

I would like webOS or HPwebOS. I love my palm devices and I would love to be able to access my VLADONAI software using it.
Jazzrome

Post by Jazzrome »

Windows mobile 6.5 is my vote. If you need to direct sync the data with your desktop this is the best platform. Sorry to say you may never be able to sync your windows mobile 7 phone and a desktop system without sending your info to the Cloud first.