AllMyNotes Organizer ‹ Ideas for using it as a Diary
A Diary is a set of notes with discrete records arranged by date, and, optionally, grouped by topics, reporting on what's happened over the day or any other period. Thanks to the free-form data organization AllMyNotes perfectly suits this need. You can create many separate folders for various aspects of your life. For example: Thoughts, My Day, Dreams, Emotions, Cites, Diet Journal, Objectives, etc. Then, add in to each of these folders new notes. Each note can hold single or multiple co-related records in a free form.
Useful features that turn electronic diary better over a handwriting solution:
1. Restrict access to your file, or, certain folders with a password. The diary is a higly private thing, it's a good idea to save it away from everyone, this way you can truly trust it.
2. Stamp current Date and Time to identify records. Use appropriate toolbar buttons, or keyboard shortcuts for stamping.
3. You can insert Reminders anywhere in to a text position using Edit -> Insert -> Alarm, so it will be always related to your data. Alarm window pops and alarm rings when the time comes. Use repeating alarms to be reminded about birthdays, anniversaries, or even daily, weekly, or monthly tasks, meetings, calls, and other important events.
4. Place Checkboxes to compile to-do lists and track their completion. Use menu item Edit -> Insert -> Checkbox.
5. Place Hyperlinks to other, related to a diary records in the hierarchy tree, or just e-mails, web-links or phone numbers. Use menu item Edit -> Insert -> Hyperlink.
6. Insert Smiles, Icons, or Images to express your emotions. Use Edit -> Insert -> Icon, and Edit -> Insert -> Picture menu item.
7. Search within all your diaries quickly using the Global Search feature.