A Diary is a set of memos with discrete entries arranged by date, and, optionally, grouped by topics, reporting on what's happened over the day or any other period. Thanks to the free-form data organization AllMyNotes perfectly suits this need. You can create many separate folders for various aspects of your life. For example: Thoughts, My Day, Dreams, Feelings, Cites, Diet Journal, Objectives, etc. And then add in to each of these categories new notes. Each note can hold single or multiple related records in free form.
Useful features that turn electronic diary better then a handwriting solution:
1. Protect access to your file, or, certain folders with a password. As the diary is a higly individual thing, it's a good idea to keep it away from other people, this way you can truly trust it.
2. Stamping current Date and Time to identify records. Use appropriate toolbar buttons, or keyboard shortcuts for that.
3. You can insert Alarms anywhere in to a text position using Edit -> Insert -> Alarm, so it will be always related to your data. Alarm window pops and alarm rings when the time is up. Use repeating alarms to be reminded about birthdays, anniversaries, or even daily, weekly, or monthly tasks, meetings, calls, and other events.
4. Place Checkboxes to compile to-do lists and track their completion. Use menu item Edit -> Insert -> Checkbox.
5. Place Hyperlinks to other, related to a diary records in the hierarchy tree, or just emails, urls or phone numbers. Use menu item Edit -> Insert -> Hyperlink menu item.
6. Insert Smiles, Icons, or Pictures to express your emotions. Use Edit -> Insert -> Icon, and Edit -> Insert -> Picture menu item.
7. Search in all your diaries instantly using the Global Search feature.