AllMyNotes Organizer ‹ Ideas for using it as a Diary
A Diary is a set of notes with discrete entries arranged by date, and, optionally, grouped by topics, reporting on what's happened over the day or any other period. Thanks to the free-form data organization AllMyNotes perfectly suits this need. You can create many separate folders for various aspects of your life. For example: Thoughts, My Day, Dreams, Feelings, Cites, Diet Journal, Objectives, etc. Then, add in to each of these folders new notes. Each note can hold single or multiple co-related records in a free form.
Useful features that turn electronic diary better over a handwriting solution:
1. Restrict access to whole file, or, certain folders with a password. As the diary is a higly personal thing, it's a good idea to save it away from other people, this way you can truly reveal yourself to it.
2. Stamp current Date and Time to identify records. Use appropriate toolbar buttons, or keyboard shortcuts for that.
3. You can insert Alarms anywhere in to a text position using Edit -> Insert -> Alarm, so it will be always related to your data. Alarm window pops and alarm sounds when the time comes. Use repeating alarms for reminders about birthdays, anniversaries, or even daily, weekly, or monthly tasks, meetings, calls, and other events.
4. Place Checkboxes to compile to-do lists and track their completion. Use menu item Edit -> Insert -> Checkbox.
5. Place Hyperlinks to other, related to a diary records in the hierarchy tree, or just e-mails, urls or phone numbers. Use menu item Edit -> Insert -> Hyperlink menu item.
6. Insert Smileys, Icons, or Pictures to express your feelings. Use Edit -> Insert -> Icon, and Edit -> Insert -> Picture menu item.
7. Search through all your diaries quickly using the Global Search feature.