why more than one backup folder?

Started by: tucsoncomputerdude on

tucsoncomputerdude
Post #1 -
why more than one backup folder?

When I initially installed, opened, and made a few changes in AMN, a backup folder was created in:

C:\Users\al\Documents\AllMyNotes\AllMyNotes - Backups\

Great stuff backups work!

I made these changes on Options/backup:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14pTHFAbitzygSe7Hr47_RpEedRMOWZ1M

and later I notice a NEW sub-folder at:

C:\Users\al\Documents\AllMyNotes\AllMyNotes - Backups\AllMyNotes - Backups\

How come? Note, I did not change location in options.

Thanks

Al Guevara

vlad
Post #2 -
Re: why more than one backup folder?

Perhaps you are working with a backup file instead of your main data file? Please take a look at full data file path in main window title bar.

tucsoncomputerdude
Post #3 -
Re: why more than one backup folder?

That seems to be it Vlad.

So if one opens a back up file in a backup folder, AMN is actually USING that file, in that folder, versus updating/overwriting the file in main folder.

Thanks

Post Reply

📝 Anonymous posting: Your message will be reviewed by moderators before appearing publicly.
Formatting: [b]bold[/b] [i]italic[/i] [u]underline[/u] [url]link[/url] [quote]text[/quote] [code]code[/code] [img]url[/img] [list][*]item[/list] — Preview
Please answer "NO" to have your message delivered!

🛡️ Vladonai Secure Community Platform [BETA]

Powered by Vladonai Minimalistic Forum Script | Designed for AllMyNotes Organizer Community

🔐 Login via Dashboard for full forum privileges

© 2026 Vladonai Software | AllMyNotes Organizer Community