how can i secure my image with Allmynotes

Technical support discussions and Bug Reports – You find em, we squash em

how can i secure my image with Allmynotes

Postposted cmkm » January 20th, 2013, 2:54 am

Hi vladonai!

how can i secure my images with Allmynotes

i have a note locked with the password.
in this note i storage my pics which i am researching.
when i double click on it to view -> Allmynotes bring my pics to the temp folder in drive C:
(so scare)
worse is close allmynotes, all the images in temp folder didn't were deleted.

if the users don't know this problem, they will be dead with this bug.
[if they have some nude personal pics. haha :D ]

i thought that why don't we extract images to ram. :?:

hope you rethink this!
thanks
cmkm

Re: how can i secure my image with Allmynotes

Postposted vlad » January 21st, 2013, 2:19 pm

Thank you for writing! Indeed, what you are saying makes perfect sense. Upon your report we've modified the app - now it will delete all temporary files on exiting from the app, and, on switching data files.

cmkm wrote:i thought that why don't we extract images to ram?

That is not possible - if you want other apps to open your file attachments/images need to save them to HDD. But since now we'll delete them I believe it will not a big deal for you.

Note: The update will be available starting from app versions 2.69, and 3.05 (beta), both versions will be available to public soon.
AllMyNotes Organizer usage idea: a genealogy tree organizer, use alarms to remember about anniversaries and birthdays
vlad
Site Admin

City/Country: Earth -> Europe

Postposted fluff » January 30th, 2013, 3:04 pm

vlad wrote:Thank you for writing! Indeed, what you are saying makes perfect sense. Upon your report we've modified the app - now it will delete all temporary files on exiting from the app, and, on switching data files.

cmkm wrote:i thought that why don't we extract images to ram?

That is not possible - if you want other apps to open your file attachments/images need to save them to HDD. But since now we'll delete them I believe it will not a big deal for you.

Note: The update will be available starting from app versions 2.69, and 3.05 (beta), both versions will be available to public soon.

Hi vlad,

If you really want it to be secure, best to overwrite the area where the file was previously saved with random data....
fluff

Postposted vlad » January 31st, 2013, 10:32 am

fluff wrote:If you really want it to be secure, best to overwrite the area where the file was previously saved with random data....

Excellent idea! I've just implemented it, the feature will be available in version 2.70 and 3.05 (beta).

Note: file content erasing requires extra time, therefore it will work only for password-protected data files and folders (where it's really needed).
AllMyNotes Organizer usage idea: a genealogy tree organizer, use alarms to remember about anniversaries and birthdays
vlad
Site Admin

City/Country: Earth -> Europe

Postposted fluff » February 1st, 2013, 6:45 am

vlad wrote:
fluff wrote:If you really want it to be secure, best to overwrite the area where the file was previously saved with random data....

Excellent idea! I've just implemented it, the feature will be available in version 2.70 and 3.05 (beta).

Note: file content erasing requires extra time, therefore it will work only for password-protected data files and folders (where it's really needed).

Thanks Vlad... Nice idea to only run for the stuff that's clearly of concern....
fluff

Return to Troubleshooting